It’s no secret, I’m a doughnut fan.
And….I love gingerbread. Add that to a doughnut and I’m all in!!!
- 1.25 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 whole egg
Ingredients For Glaze
- 1.25 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- Custom Red & Green Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two donut pans by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add sour cream, melted butter, milk, brown sugar, molasses, and egg. Whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Spoon or pipe batter into donut pan, filling each cup around 2/3 of the way full of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the donut bounces back when you press your finger into it.
- Allow donuts to cool completely on a wire rack before adding glaze.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until smooth.
- Dip each donut in the glaze, then top with red and green sprinkles.
Try these and let me know what you think!!