Love me some pumpkinnnnnnn! You know already, I’m so basic—this dump cake is my J A M!
Pumpkin and apple are two classic fall flavors. And while they both taste great separately, putting them together in one dessert is amazing! But the perfect combo of pumpkin and apple in this fall cake isn’t the best part about the dessert. The thing I love most about this simple cake is how easy it is to make. This pumpkin apple dump cake is called a dump cake for a reason – because all you have to do is dump the ingredients in the pan and bake!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
4 cups diced apples
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
1 box yellow cake mix
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon until apples are coated. Add pumpkin and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top the apples and pumpkin with the entire box of cake mix, spreading the mix evenly over the fruit.
- Drizzle the butter over the top of the cake mix. Place the baking dish in the oven for 45 minutes. The cake is done with the syrup is bubbly and the topping is brown and crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Top with ice cream, whipped cream, or caramel drizzle (optional).
Let me know below if you love dump cakes or if you’ve never had one before!